This is Module 2 of 6 from COSS' Assets for People and Place webinar series. This module looks at feasibility.
This module aims to provide community groups with the knowledge and practical skills required to explore the feasibility of engaging in Community Asset Transfer. It focuses on a number of areas, including the user demand and organisational asset transfer readiness. The core learning outcomes of this module are:
- To understand the process of asset assessment
- To gain knowledge on the factors impacting upon sustainability
- To understand the importance of proving demand and ensuring strategic fit
- To gain knowledge of the steps necessary to scope an asset and identify legal issues
- To gain knowledge of building internal capacity to match the needs of the project
- To understand how to conduct a risk analysis for the project
- To understand the key components of a feasibility study
The webinar lasts two and a half hours and will include a break and a Q&A at the end. It will be conducted via Zoom.