The Community Ownership Support Service (COSS) has been funded by the Scottish Government to support community based groups in Scotland take a stake in or ownership of previously publicly owned land or buildings. We also support and advice relevant authorities on all aspects of the asset transfer process
This adviser-based service is being delivered Scotland wide and aims to provide individual community groups and public bodies with a bespoke support service from the first steps to the completion of the asset transfer. Our support includes a combination of -
- Expert advice on all aspects of asset transfer
- Training courses on the asset transfer and asset development process
- A wealth of written materials and training modules
- Web access to information on good practice, toolkits and case studies.
- Sign-posting to other support agencies
Communities will also be able to link into the Development Trusts Association Scotland’s wider network to explore the wide range of business models being adopted by other communities throughout Scotland and across the UK.